Sarah's Travel Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Moved about a bit since I left Rotorua, where I did an extreme amount of not a lot, thanks to the rubbish weather, although on the day I left I did manage to see some geysers, and some bubbling mud pools, which was quite cool. Rotorua is some kind of geothermal hotspot in NZ, so the place smells a bit funny (like rotten eggs, but it's actually sulphur). Also had a few dodgy locals roaming around the place.

After Rotorua I got a bit more adventurous by going black water rafting in some glow worm filled caves, and then throwing myself out of a plane that afternoon. Ness will be proud that I finally did a skydive :) wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, although I did shut my eyes when we first jumped out the plane. Opened them and almost shat myself as I was freefalling on my back and staring up at the plane. However, as soon as the parachute opened the dive was amazing, as I felt like I was falling really slowly, and I could see for miles, all over this huge lake with lots of LOTR scenery everywhere.

I've calmed down from all my mad activities now, apart from hiking on Franz Joseph glacier yesterday, which was COLD, but awesome at the same time. Never seen scenery like it.

The next few days are going to be relatively normal, as I have done all the so-called "mad" activities that I wanted to do (I'm not big on getting cold, wet, being on boats or jumping into rivers tied to elastic) so I am now going to do some relaxing in Queenstown for a while. Although unfortunately Queenstown is Partytown, so that might not happen :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home