Sarah's Travel Blog

Friday, December 08, 2006

Whooo...new version of Blogger, exciting :)

Well, I was right, Queenstown is Partytown. But.....I find it a bit shit. Reason being that I could not for the life of me find any decent cheese-playing venue anywhere. For somewhere with such a huge backpacker population, I find this amazing. Most places played a couple of 'standard' cheese songs (not even Bon Jovi!), then moved to my musical arch nemesis - dance music. Even worse, I was forced to listen to ear hemorrhage inducing drum 'n' bass, clearly the worst music in the world, and I am sure, abhorred by God himself for being so crap.

But never mind, this means that I shall enjoy Reflexing even more back in Bristol :)

Apart from getting drunk and an ear-bashing, I have again been doing extreme amounts of not a lot. Queenstown is very much geared towards doing extreme activities, none of which I want to do. I find it amazing that there are so many of these activities in NZ, and I am sure it won't be long before they invent Extreme Walking Down the Road, and charging you $150 for it.

I had planned to do quite a bit of walking but this has unfortunately been rained off, although I was lucky enough to get good weather when I went to Milford Sound. Which, despite everyone's ravings about it, was not as good as I was expecting. Probably because I've seen the same scenery before in Thailand and Vietnam. The scenery on the road towards Milford however, was amazing. Lots of LOTR-esque mountains everywhere. I have seen a million mountains now, but I still haven't gotten bored of them yet.
So, my past few days here have been spent watching dvds, and generally not moving out the hostel, apart from going down the pub in the evenings. It's been quite refreshing really, as I spend most of my time being shuttled to and from places on the Kiwi bus.

Tomorrow I head to Christchurch, where I have made myself swear that I will actually move out the hostel and do something interesting. Fingers crossed for cheese also...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home